On Friday 2nd September we joined our ex creative director Nick Entwistle and headed to the amazing Rivoli Ballroom in South East London to celebrate The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir achieving a Christmas number one. The ballroom has a strange, other worldly feel to it and proved to be the perfect location for such an event.
The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir were first seen on Gareth Malone’s BBC2 show, ‘Sing While You Work’. Since then, the choir have continued to grow, learnt new songs and bagged the Christmas Number 1 spot on the official UK chart in 2015.
And we got to celebrate all of this with them!
In case you don’t know here’s a breakdown of how we got there;
- Big Brand Ideas have been behind the Xmas number 1 campaign since inception
- Our talented Creative Director Nick Entwistle spearheaded the campaign
- Through One Minute Briefs the social campaign #LoveYourNHS encouraged people to post selfies with the ‘I DO #LoveYourNHS’ posters
- The campaign was a massive success with celebrities such as Michael Sheen, Holly Willoughby, Luke Shaw and many more from around the world showing support.
- Nick was then heavily involved in putting the music video together along with our friends over at The Gate Films.
- BBI then went on to build the website for the campaign and continued to show support through social
We’re immensely proud to have been a part of this. We got to meet the choir, listen to them sing their number one hit, hold an official number one award and we’ve been nominated for an MPA Award in the Best Collaboration category, with Magnafi and One Minute Briefs!