Junior PHP Developer
This role is a great opportunity for a developer to expand and improve their skills in a busy agency environment. You’ll have at least a year of experience working with PHP, with either commercial experience or a portfolio of your own development work.
Join our talented team
As part of our dev team, you’ll be working on updates and new features for existing websites and applications across a range of different technologies, and also working with the rest of the dev team to understand new projects as they are developed.
Your every day and you
As part of your role, you will
- Work on support and feature tickets across a range of sites and web applications.
- Use our deployment tools to push fixes and features through to testing and production servers.
- Work with graphic designers to understand UX and UI requirements.
- Understand the internal, client and end-user needs for all work.
You will have
- An understanding of how to use PHP7.4+, including object-oriented coding, use of Composer and keeping code organised as a project grows.
- An understanding of database access and optimisation (we tend to use MySQL or PostGres).
- Some experience using a version control system (we use Git/Bitbucket).
You may have
- Proficiency with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby or Java.
- Experience with containerisation for development.
- Hands-on experience in setting up a server to host a PHP application.