Integrated Account Director
We’re looking for a well-rounded experienced Account Director, who is fully integrated, and confident in managing large-scale strategic campaigns for clients. We want someone who can hit the ground running and make an impact immediately with the clients. Someone who can direct and manage high performing account teams, across all departments of the agency. You’ll be a strategic thinker, with excellent communication and presentation skills, enthusiasm, ambition and energy to lead.
You will be excited by a true mix of all channels! Brand, Strategy, Creative, Digital, Social and Content. This role will cover them all! Because of this we’re looking for the right person to spot opportunities, tie together our disciplines and push the boundaries for what we deliver to clients.
This role calls for a people person who’s able to adapt, someone who listens and understands what the client is asking for but is also willing to challenge. We want someone who takes a real interest in our clients and is keen to add to the creative ideas whilst ensuring they can manage the team to deliver on time and on budget to a fantastic standard.
If all of this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next challenge, please read the job description and get in contact.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Account Director you’ll be well versed in managing your own time and accounts, leading and supporting your team, managing a team and focusing on getting the best results for our clients. You should have excellent planning and organisational skills and really love getting to know the clients you
work with. You’ll be great at managing expectations, champion the full breadth of services for clients, always have an eye on the commercials (marketing budgets, spend, ROI etc.)
You’ll be a good networker and able to spot great opportunities to bring on new clients. With fantastic communication skills, you’ll effectively understand a client’s wants and needs and be able to translate these into accurate briefs for your team to develop.
You’ll have a keen interest in all areas of marketing and proven record of running successful accounts. Excited to work in a fast-paced environment on various tasks daily, understand your clients down to the ground and be able to report on performance and always thinking ahead to the next for your clients. In this role no two days are the same; typical tasks include:
- Commercials - you will have a full understanding of a project/ campaigns value and future opportunities
- Providing input into the strategic direction of client accounts based on a strong understanding of their marketing and business objectives
- Manage immediate client relationships - along with key stakeholders within the clients business and any third parties.
- Acting as the link between agency and client – aiming to be seen as an extension of the client’s marketing department
- Managing high value accounts and senior client responsibilities
- Responsible for client account plans
- Signing off on any quotes from SAMs, AMs and AEs as budget holder
- You will understand the importance of good process and project management - ensuring your team know and follow the agreed processes
- Ensuring all work is completed on-brief, on-time and on-budget, advising client of any exceptions and managing client expectations
- Providing client reports and analysis- including strategic direction and internal reviews
- Creating and developing commercial opportunities with existing clients, maximising account and revenue growth
- Contributing to the process of winning new business
- Providing regular reports to the executive team, including revenue planning
- Being passionate about proving a client service that is second-to-none and aiming to exceed client expectations
- Lead presentations
- Setting up and/ or reviewing quotes or Work Breakdown Structures and ensuring Statement of Works and all other documentation are in place and signed off
- Ensure the financials kept up-to-date at all times and you are aware of out-costs on all accounts
- Guarantees invoicing is completed before month end
- Ensure time sheets are completed daily
Planning & Organisation
- Follows & challenges established procedures
- Creates schedules of work for every job agreed with key stakeholders
- Plans priorities and is well organised, allowing for the management of multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to give a clear overview on the status of jobs, presenting facts logically
- Able to write briefs, ensuring they are clear and concise
- Uses questioning techniques effectively to gain information
- A good listener, able to interpret conversations into a brief
- Able to offer opinions when adding value
- Listens to the ideas of others and makes positive contributions to the team and tasks
- Supports team decisions and goals and is visibly happy to help others
- Always has a ‘can do’ attitude and is happy to do tasks as requested
- Keeps teams up-to-date with project developments
- Manages, supports and develops junior team members
- Support senior management
- 5 years + experience (similar integrated agency structure)
- Fiercely curious and excited by working out how to do things differently
- Close attention to detail
- Good commercial awareness
- Good customer communication and management skills
Why work at BBI?
At BBI we blend the best of strategy, creative and performance. We’re a bunch of clever folk who love collaborating to get our clients talking, clicking and converting.
We’re a 65-strong team made of up of thinkers, creators, analysts, digital marketers and technologists, with offices in Cheshire and Manchester. And best of all, we are proud to be independent! We’re not shackled by corporate investors, giving us more time to focus on our clients and staff.
Our success is testament to the kind of workplace we’ve created: an environment that fosters creativity and rewards bravery.